Brands During Growth
As entrepreneurs grow their businesses, they further hone their ideal client segments, niches, offers, and more. This growth period is when the brand needs to be reassessed and refined.
The values of the brand need to align with those of the target audience and messaging needs to build an emotional connection so that brand awareness and loyalty is further established.
As your business evolves, your brand needs to evolve with it. But, so many entrepreneurs get stuck in between phases because they can’t get out of their own heads, get outside perspective, and figure out how to get from where they are to where they want to be.
During this phase, business owners typically…
- Get Lost in the Pieces
Entrepreneurs moving from phase 1 to phase 2 are used to doing it all themselves, so they’re still lost in the little details. This is when it’s time to outsource and invest in more solid foundations for the long-term.
- Invest in the Wrong Things
Often, business owners will start spending on advertising, websites, brand boards, funnel creation, and many other things, but haven’t taken the time to set up the foundations to build them on.
- Hold Themselves Back
Entrepreneurs in this phase are still holding themselves back, just for different reasons. Fear of success, fear of failure, imposter syndrome, and, honestly, not even realizing how much they really have to offer yet.
Branding is Critical
One of the main reasons so many businesses fail during the first 5 years is that they haven’t taken time to establish trust and connection with their audience. This emotional connection should be integrated into a brand.
- 50% of businesses fail during this phase. (Mostly because they haven’t established brand loyalty.)
- 64% of consumers site shared values as their reason for being loyal to a brand. So, you have to know what your values are and which ones the consumers will appreciate.
- 65% percent of consumers say they feel an emotional connection to a brand. That’s because those brands have done the work to find out what’s important to their audience.
Risks of Not Branding Appropriately
- Poor or negative perceptions of the brand from audience
- Low or no brand awareness
- Compromised brand integrity
- Lack of trust from audience
- Confusion about the brand’s core character and purpose
Key Benefits to Establishing Your Brand
Making sure your brand grows with you will support your vision and ensure that you continue to align with the right clients and customers.
Benefits to brand growth strategy:
- BUILD credibility and integrity
- GARNER increasing respect and trust
- RAISE MORE AWARENESS of your brand & grow your audience
- COMMAND HIGHER RATES by having a more credible brand
- DIFFERENTIATE yourself from your competitors and stand out
Brand Growth Goals:
- DEFINE- what your core brand character is and who you serve
- ALIGN- across platforms and mediums for consistency and integrity
- CONNECT- to your ideal clients and customers, helping them build loyalty to your brand
Define the Brand
Combining your brand’s personality and identity with the identity and values of your target market will help you build a stronger brand. When people feel understood and can relate to a brand, it helps them to become fans and even advocates.
- Target Market Segments
Now is the time to very clearly define all market segments- the people you serve at different levels of your audience journey.
- Market Identity
Develop personas that outline their values, aims, beliefs, struggles, habits, and feelings. What are they thinking and feeling?
- Commonalities That Bind
What are the ties that bind when it comes to you and your target market segments? What is just as important to you as to them? What can you offer that makes them feel valued and understood?
Brand Story Framing
How can you use your story?
During your emerging brand phase, you should have developed your unique brand story. (If not, you’ll need to do that now.) How can you use your story to connect to your ideal clients and customers based on where they are right now in their own journey?
What Experience Can You Offer?
All perceptions of your brand develop from the experiences people have with it, from the very first encounter to the very last. What kinds of experiences are you offering to your audience?
What’s the Journey Your Audience Goes on?
What experience are you offering to people who have no idea who you are, but are first encountering you? Do you greet them with a nice hello? Have a way to introduce yourselves to one another? Where do they go from there? How do you lead them down the path they need to be on to be transformed?
How Are You Positioning Yourself?
You likely have a few competitors out there to contend with. How are you setting yourself apart?
- Do You Have a Unique Service?
- Do You Offer a Unique Experience?
- Do You Have a Unique Skill Set?
- Do You Have Experience Others Don’t?
- Do You Have Excellent Processes?
- Do You Include Anything Beyond What’s Expected?
Go Deep with Market Research
Research your chosen niche to find out what they struggle with, what’s important to them, what would be the ultimate relief, and what they value.
Go out and talk to your ideal clients and find out what’s on their minds. Ask smart questions. LISTEN, don’t talk.
Make Use of the Efforts
Make use of your research efforts by finding commonalities between your ideal clients and you. Weave those commonalities into your brand. Reflect what’s important to your ideal clients and customers back to them and make the connection to build brand loyalty. Use that information to find out what your true, hidden strengths are when it comes to helping them with transformations.
Go To The Experts
When it comes to building your evolving brand, you need to bring in experts who are adept at drawing lines between the dots and making connections. This is only done by thorough research and development, which entrepreneurs aren’t able to do for themselves. You’re just too close to yourself, your business, and your brand to make it what it has the potential to be.
Let’s Get You Brandividuated
For Evolving Brands:
- Brand Clarity Sessions
- Brandividuation™ Book Development
- Insta-Implement Brandboosts for Web Copy, Design, and Case Studies
- The Brandividuation™ Project FB Group