Transforming Brands: Brands that Scale
As entrepreneurs move into the final evolution phase of their brand, it’s time to refine the brand according to the bigger vision. The business should now have a solid business model, targeted market segments, and established trust within those segments.
But, it’s now time to scale to more premium quality services (and rates), passive income streams, and wide-reaching marketing. The brand must now be keyed in and solidified, but also must stay aligned as more assets and offers are created.
During the transformation phase, the brand has experienced incredible growth. The difficulty during this phase can be ensuring the brand foundation, messaging, and identity lives up to it and remains in alignment. This can be tricky when team members are added on and more assets are created.
During This Phase, Business Owners Typically…
- Struggle to Onboard Team Members
There can be a huge learning curve when it comes to bringing on new team members and making sure they are representing the brand accurately with messaging and visuals.
- Are Prone to Slipping Out of Alignment
While creating new offers and assets, it can be easy to slip away from the core foundation of the brand if team members aren’t acclimated to it. Then, the audience becomes confused and skeptical.
- Can Start to Question the Brand
Sometimes the market shifts or the purpose changes a bit. This is a good time to revisit the foundation and make some revisions if needed.
Branding Is Critical
Brand strategy revisiting is crucial at every growth phase and at steady intervals. Because the business can sometimes outgrow the brand or the brand can become misaligned with shifting pieces, it’s important to continue assessing it.
- 4/10 companies feel their brand is out of alignment with business model and goals. This is a HUGE problem and one that has to be addressed for business survival.
- 48% of consumers expect brands to develop their offers based on their needs. That means the brand needs to have market research to know those needs and build the brand around it.
- 60% of millennial consumers expect consistency among brand content. But, if the brand isn’t aligned, the content won’t be consistent.
Risks of Not Branding Appropriately
- Poor or negative perceptions of the brand from audience
- Compromised brand integrity
- Lack of trust from audience
- Confusion about the brand’s core character and purpose
There Are Key Benefits to Continual Brand Development
Making sure your brand grows with you will support your vision and ensure that you continue to align with the right clients and customers. It will also help you maintain integrity in the eyes of your audience.
Benefits To Phase 3 Brand Strategy:
- MAINTAIN credibility and integrity
- COMMAND higher rates and a premium service perception
- RAISE MORE AWARENESS of your brand & grow your audience
- DIFFERENTIATE yourself further from your competitors
Define, Align, & Connect
- DEFINE- reassess the brand at even intervals
- ALIGN- across platforms and mediums for consistency and integrity with thorough processes, standards, and a solid implementation team
- CONNECT- to your ideal clients and customers, helping them build loyalty to your brand and be brand ambassadors
Define The Brand
Reassess at steady intervals and at growth phases to ensure the brand is representative of the current target market, purpose, and vision. Yearly audits and spot assessments during shifts are recommended.
- Define Your Target Market Segments
Yearly and during shifts of growth, market research should be done to make sure the brand is still on target.
- Market Identity
Are the personas still representative of the current market segments?
- Purpose & Promise
Has the brand’s philosophy shifted in a way that may affect the purpose and promise it makes to the target market?
Brand Consistency: Maintain Alignment
It’s important to the brand’s integrity that it remains aligned with its core foundation. Any misalignment will compromise the trust of the audience, make them skeptical, and leave them confused. Once trust is broken, it’s almost impossible to earn back.
Brand Guidelines: The Structure Your Team Needs
It is critical that you have your brand identity, positioning, and marketing guidelines well articulated so that there is no question how to represent your brand and who should be included in marketing efforts.
What Should Be Included
If you want your team to align your brand to YOUR character and dream clients, they have to know how to do it.
- Values and Personality Traits
- Voice, Tone, and Messaging Guidance
- Key Brand Words & Phrases
- Brand Philosophy & Promise
- Target Market Identities
- Positioning & Marketing Guidance
Make sure you have a solid implementation team.
During the 3rd phase of brand evolution, you should now have a solid structure for implementing your brand foundation. That includes having an implementation team in most cases who can execute on your brand consistently.
Onboard Your Team
- Choose the Right Team
Make sure when choosing team members, they are able to understand how to appropriately use the brand guidelines and implement them. One campaign out of alignment can completely throw off the perception your target market has of you and compromise your brand’s integrity.
Go over your brand guidelines with your team and make sure they fully understand how to represent your brand to the target market.
Make sure each team member has a set of guidelines and process for implementation.
Go To The Experts
When it comes to maintaining your transformational brand, you need to bring in experts who are adept at drawing lines between the dots and making connections. This is only done by thorough research and development, which entrepreneurs aren’t able to do for themselves. You’re just too close to yourself, your business, and your brand to make it what it has the potential to be.
Let’s Get You Brandividuated
For Transforming Brands:
- Brand Clarity Sessions
- Brandividuation™ Book Development
- Insta-Implement Brandboosts for Web Copy and Case Studies
- Brandividuation™ Brandboosts
- Premium Implementation with the Full Design & Marketing Team